The 2021 NFL season is fully underway, and it’s been great so far! Some people might think that by adding the NFL channel app to Roku, they can watch NFL games free without cable or satellite. Unfortunately, this won’t work on televisions because of a streaming rights issue. You’re right… it’s confusing!
This season, you can easily, cheaply, and legally stream NFL on Roku through a number of other options, including nfl.com/activate). Let’s take a quick look at how to watch NFL games on Roku below.
FUBOTV lets you watch NFL games on Roku
It doesn’t get easier than this. FuboTV is a replacement for cable TV that works similarly to Roku as a cable box. The fuboTV Roku channel basically operates like cable when you sign up and open it. Channel guides are available to you. Cloud DVRs are available to you. On Roku, you receive all the channels you need to watch NFL games: NBC, CBS, FOX, ESPN, and the NFL Network.
How do these two differ? Contracts don’t exist! The length (or the shortness) is up to you. A month of service starts at $59.99 after the free trial, only half of what the average cable bill is.
Watching FuboTV on Roku is as simple as this:
- Activate the free trial and create your login credentials.
- FuboTV is available on Roku. Search for channels and add them.
- You’ll need to use the credentials you created to log in.
- Live NFL games are now available on Roku!
It really is that easy!
OTHER STREAMING SERVICE YOU CAN USE TO WATCH NFL GAMES ON ROKU
Even though fuboTV is the best NFL streaming service for most people, you can also watch NFL on Roku through the following streaming services. Some examples:
- You can watch FOX, NBC, CBS, and ESPN live with Hulu + Live TV (free trial). The NFL Network isn’t available. After trial, you will pay $55 per month.
- You can get ESPN for MNF for the cheapest price with Sling TV (free trial). A monthly payment of $30 is required.
- Live streams from ESPN and the NFL Network are available through Vidgo (free trial). After the trial period, $40 per month.
It’s going to be an exciting season! Verify your games’ channel listings on the official schedule. Using a Roku but not a streaming device? Our NFL Live Stream Guide explains all your options for watching games live.